Tuesday, December 8, 2015





GGX NOTIFICATION: ALLEN'S ZUMBA AND bELLY DANCING CLASSES WILL BE CANCELLED TEMPORARILY FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF DECEMBER DUE TO AN INJURY. WE WILL BE FILLING UP HIS CLASS WITH SOME OTHER CLASSES INCLUDING ZUMBA.
PLEASE SEE REVISED SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK:



Adam’s Children Inspire Him to Lose 77 Pounds in 12 Weeks

Published Sep 18, 2015
Adam-Lucas-before-and-after-weightloss-400.jpg
Name: Adam Lucas
Age: 29
Height: 5’10”
Before: 247 lbs.
After: 170 lbs.
What was the turning point that prompted you to lose weight? The turning point for me was not wanting to sweat every time I went outside. I wanted to have the energy to play with my sons without having to bring two or three shirts.
When did you start trying to lose weight? I have been on and off diets since 2010. This time, I stopped drinking all carbonated beverages and stuck to water and tea. I decided to take myself out of my comfort zone and start doing cardio. I set a diet and stuck to it religiously. In March 2015 I decided to join a 12-week body transformation challenge at Gold’s Gym because I wanted to be able to hold myself accountable to my new diet and exercise routine. The experience provided me with a network of people who all had the same goal as I did. And it taught me a lot about dedication and setting a goal; I learned that with hard work, anything was obtainable.
What was your biggest challenge? Finding time to go to the gym, attend college full time, and take care of my twin 8-year-old sons with autism was hard. I got up and worked out before they woke up, and sometimes after they went to bed. It was brutal at first, but then I began to really enjoy being awake and alert, and ready to tackle the day.
Were there any times when you wanted to quit or give up? How did you stay motivated?Yes, I wanted to quit sometimes, usually on the weekends. I reminded myself why I was doing this — for my sons, and my twins on the way. My wife is pregnant with twins! I have another son and my first daughter due October 8, 2015. The progress pictures and support from the Gold’s Gym staff also kept me motivated and gave me the confidence to work towards my goal.
If you reached a weight loss plateau, how did you break out of the rut?  I kept an open mind and changed up my routine. I tried all sorts of things from doing cardio on an empty stomach andHIIT (high intensity interval training), to a cheat meal to keep my body guessing. Not all of the exercises and diet changes were for me, but I did enjoy the change of pace.
What’s your current exercise routine? I do cardio on the elliptical or treadmill four times a week for one hour, and strength train every day — training a different muscle group each session. I have always enjoyed weight training, which is why I do it every day.
What’s your daily diet look like? For breakfast I eat red grapefruit, cottage cheese , and peanut butter granola. For lunch I eat 10-12 ounces of chicken with some kind of vegetable like broccoli, cauliflower, or mushrooms with onions, and a piece of fruit. For dinner, I eat a meal replacement bar with another piece of fruit and a protein shake. I do change it up, though. Sometimes I will have fish or, if I’m crunched for time, I like to eat a Lean Cuisine pizza.
What’s your favorite healthy snack and meal? My favorite healthy snack is a piece of fruit. I’m not super creative with snacking, but I enjoy plums. A good red plum is simple and easy.
How has losing weight changed your life? My life is more exciting now. I feel good about myself again. Now my sons are the ones exhausted at night, not me. I look forward to little projects around my house instead of putting things off. I am excited that my twins on the way will have a healthy father who will be able to keep up with them. My wife said she loved me either way, but I think she likes the new me. It’s hard to put into words; I just feel different when I wake up, I am prepared for the day.
Do you have any advice for those trying to lose weight?  Visualize your goal in your head and remind yourself why you started. Join a group or a challenge to hold yourself accountable. I joined the challenge as a way to keep myself on track and realized that just like gaining weight can become a snowball effect, so can getting into shape. Find what works for you. Try new things — you never know what might work until you try. Good luck!
Posted in: weight loss

No comments:

Post a Comment